Friday, June 24, 2011

"The Light Divine"

18x24 Acrylic, watercolor, marker on Canvas
I did this for a friend to use in conjunction with one of her projects but she ended up going a different way with her graphics. No big deal. That means I get to keep it and don't have to share it if I don't want to. I quite like it. It makes me happy!

Now for the symbolism... It is painted to look like stained glass in a cathedral, a very holy place. The pure white color of the light house is for the purity of the Savior, Jesus Christ. The rocky shoreline in the foreground is to symbolize the sure foundation that He is. The Heart is for the love of Heavenly Father to all of us through the gift of his only begotten Son. The rays of light show how their love is powerful enough to penetrate even the darkest night. Some of the lines do not line up intentionally, the way hand cut glass might be.

Now that it is staying with me I have since painted over the cross. My friend is Catholic and when it was for her and her project it was appropriate. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I am a Christian but we focus more on the resurrection and his life than on his death.

No comments:

Post a Comment